The AMP Molecular Genetic Pathology (MGP) Review Course is a live event held biennially. Due to the global pandemic, however, the course will be held as a “live virtual” event this year.
Join our faculty of experts in molecular pathology to prepare for a certification examination, earn credit toward continuing certification, receive updates in the field, and/or for a refresher in molecular pathology core concepts. The virtual course will include didactic lectures, case studies, and faculty Zoom meet-ups to facilitate in-depth discussions and additional questions.
The objectives of the AMP MGP Review Course are:
- To assist attendees in preparing for the MGP Subspecialty Certification Exam (offered jointly by the American Board of Pathology and the American Board of Medical Genetics), as well as other certification exams in molecular pathology and molecular genetics, and
- To increase basic and applied pathology knowledge, focusing on the molecular pathogenesis, diagnosis, prognosis and treatment of disease.
Topics covered include:
- Molecular Technologies and Lab Methods
- NGS Platforms and Informatics
- Identity Testing
- Inherited Conditions
- HLA Transplant Testing
- Molecular Oncology
- Molecular Hematopathology
- Infectious Diseases
- Quality Assurance and Lab Regulation
- Lab Management
Gregory J. Tsongalis, PhD, HCLD, CC, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center