(Program is currently suspended)
The ICPI Board has initiated an outreach program to promote awareness of pathology to the public, media, students, and
professional and educational organizations. Among the outreach programs that ICPI has supported since 2004 are:
- Scientific Sleuthing of Human Disease for High School Teachers – an annual program that provides curriculum for biology high school teachers to encourage the inclusion of pathology as part of the high school curriculum. Target audience: high school teachers and their honor students
- Summer Research Opportunity Program in Pathology – a summer research internship program for minority college students
- Career Development Symposia at society annual meetings to promote various careers in pathology
- High School Student Poster Sessions at society annual meetings
The ICPI Board is interested in receiving other requests (grants ranging from $1,000 to $10,000, direct costs only) from its member societies to fund outreach programs. Please contact ICPI’s Executive Officer, Dr. Mark Sobel, at your earliest convenience for more details about the application process. Proposals (two page limit including an outline budget) are accepted throughout the year.
- Instructions for Submitting Grant Application
- ICPI Career Outreach Grant Application
For more information about the Career Outreach Grants, contact one of the 5 member organizations.